Saturday, August 9, 2008

All About Jacee

Let me introduce you to a remarkable young lady: Jacee.

Jacee has accomplished more at nine-years-old than most people do in an entire lifetime. She is a champion swimmer who has set records in her age group. She is one of the top triathletes in her class. Even more remarkable, she has played the violin since the age of three and is a candidate for acceptance into the Metropolitan Youth Symphony.

Above all, Jacee wants to make a difference in the lives of other children, both locally and around the world. She wants to use her visibility as a champion swimmer to draw attention to the issue of drowning prevention in Phoenix. Not only is she concerned about local issues, but she wants to use her visibility as a champion swimmer to raise money to expand educational opportunities and for children's clinics in other countries.

I'm Carol, Jacee's mom. People ask me if it is easy to raise such a focused child. My answer: it has it's challenges -- but it is fun. Nothing worthwhile is ever easy, but I wouldn't trade her for anything. God has blessed me and charged me with the task of raising Jacee in a way that will allow her to express her gifts and talents to the fullest. I am amazed to think of what she will accomplish in the next few years as she grows to adolescence and eventually adulthood.

I started this blog to tell Jacee's story and to help her achieve her goals. As time goes on, I can't wait to tell you more about all the remarkable things Jacee is doing. Stay tuned!

No comments: